Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Giving Thanks Celebration

Big sis's class had a nice Giving Thanks Celebration today. I was so honored to be a part of this day. I read a old Thanksgiving Favorite of mine and lead a craft activity. It was lots of fun to be with first graders again! First, they had lunch. It was special for them to be in the Student Life Center.
Daddy was a big help too!


As shy as she seems to be, I was surprised to have her stand with me while I read.


Her first crossed-legged turkey!



The class had a few poems and songs to share with the parents. It is always heart warming to hear children giving thanks to God.











Look how focused! Big sis is one of many people I am thankful for. She is growing up so fast and I could not be more proud of the young lady she is becoming. Her heart is always in the right place!