Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Christmas

We hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! We sure did! I have been thinking and planning which pictures to post so you get a good picture of our wonderful celebrations. We traveled a bit, spent time with grandparents & cousins, played at home, have family come over and just plain enjoyed the season. Today as the children were playing with their nativity set, I was reminded of how simple that first Christmas was. Our Lord and Savior was born in a stable with smelly animals and laid in a manger. Then I looked around our home and saw all of the toys (new and old) and was so proud that they were choosing to play with their nativity. Not everyone understands how we are raising our children or why we celebrate the way we do but today I got affirmation that we are accomplishing our goal and hopefully pleasing God.