Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Jellybeans!!

Today we enjoyed Jellybeans, not the candy but the roller skating rink!

The children had very simple requests for Spring Break. Last week brother wanted lunch at McDonalds. This week (yes, two separate Spring Breaks!) big sis wanted to go to Jellybeans. She has never roller skated and knows a school party is coming up there soon! I was feeling brave and with the help of a good friend/neighbor we had a blast!!!

It was such a flashback to me! Everything looked just like the roller rinks did in the 80's! The booths in the eating area, the cirlce "tables" to rest on, the benches along the outsides, the arcade games (these were a little more advanced!) the disco ball...it was wild!! We took it slow since it was our first trip and started on the carpet area.

Then slowly moved to the rink but close to the rails.



OK, is this not priceless?

(Sorry big sis if you are reading this as a teenager one day! I love you but this is super funny!!)




Oh my lil sis had a hard time at first because she wanted to try this sooo bad!



Slowly they get the hang of it.



Then once the lights go down and the disco ball is spinning...they let go and begin skating.




Next time I looked they were taking off across the middle! WOW, she really caught on fast!




By this point brother was done. He tried but in true brother form he was afraid of not doing it correctly. He and lil sis enjoyed the arcade...with no tokens!!!



So proud! She has always been super at setting goals and not stopping until she accomplishes them. Go Big Sis!!




Ok, I took this not just because lil sis loves trains or "choo-choos" but for the backgroud. I told you a total flashback! Do you see the payphones? This is not an old building either! Fantastic!


Just a little more sweetness!!!