Monday, April 4, 2011

Meeting Arthur's Author

( His new release and posssibly the first hardback book I ever paid full price for!)


Today I took the children on a little adventure to meet a famous children's author that I happened to really like! Big sis and Brother waiting patiently...
while lil sis got a little silly!
Marc Brown wrote one of our favorite book and TV series Arthur. He was in Raleigh today for a book signing. He spoke about how the series began as a bedtime story for his son and grew from there! It did a great job and even showed us how to draw Arthur!
I really enjoyed hearing him speak and bought the book right then.

Next we got in line and were able to meet him.

It was very cool for me to thank him as a mommy and former teacher!

I am not ususally big on autographs but this personalized book is very special.

Arthur was a favorite read aloud in my classroom and my darlings really like the PBS show!

Thanks Marc Brown!