Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Field Day

All of the four year old classes had a field day at some property that church owns at a different location. It was Brother's first experience like this and he had a blast! The teachers planned it well and God provided the perfect weather for them to enjoy the activities!

Egg Races




Lil sis tried to figure this one out!


Crafts was next. He didn't want a picture and the one I did get had his name in full sight...of course he was putting balls on his hat!




Sack Racing







Then the bucket/bean bag tag game. This was new to me and fantastic! Half of the children had buckets on their backs while the others held bean bags. The goal for the buckets was to stay empty while the bean bags tried to fill them. Oh the laughing and exercise!! I am tempted to get these for our house!!!









How big and lean does brother look here! I can hardly remember the rolly polly baby I had to carry everywhere...until I look into those eyes!













There was an extra that lil sis thought was for her. She doesn't miss one thing!!







Oh yea, it makes a good resting stool too!





Last but certainly not least were the water balloons! What is it about them that makes children gidy? He has already requested us get some!! I was monitoring our class station and didn't get a see much of this but heard lots of happy squeals!







Running to lunch!


We sat under the shelter for a picnic with his classmates...great shade and was super nice!







Lil sis was getting tired so she hung out in the swing while brother played with his friends.







Here is a wide view of the play area. Amazing!













Mrs. Mary Katherine gave brother his medal!


(full name in picture :(!)




Funny how perfect she's been for him this year...he wouldn't wear his read shorts because he thought she think he was pulling for the Wolfpack and the first thing she said to him was "do you like my Pirate purple shorts!" He needed someone to understand his passion and she does!!


This was a great day and hopefully will become a preschool tradition!